Friday, April 22, 2011

My Acknowledgements with Truth

Disclaimer: This post may have an overdose of sentiments and emotions, people who are averse to matters which come straight from the heart please stay away.

Yay! Gossip Girl is back and so am I! The events of this week, if asked to describe in a word i'd call it Life-changing ( yeah I know, stolen from GG :| , nevertheless very true). Yes, I got into IIM Calcutta! *Applause* Even though my dream college was IIM Ahemdabad, I am ecstatic with this result, to say the least. In fact, getting an admit in only one of the top 3 colleges in the country has its own advantages. For one, I know for sure that I am going to a good college and two, I don't have to break my head over deciding which college I should go for. Should I go for the college with the better brand value or the one which boasts to be best finance college in the country; or which is more tolerable: sun-burnt skin or taking multiple baths in a day due to sweat?

The journey to this goal of getting into IIM's officially began in January 2010, when I joined coaching for CAT at BITS Goa but truly speaking, for me it began in the summer of 2010 when I sat down and went through the CAT syllabus for the first time. It has seen its share of ups and downs. The most comforting part was, I wasn't alone in this journey. I had the guidance and support of so many people around me. Foremost would be my parents. It was my dad's dream to see me getting an MBA degree from IIM since as long as I was in school. Both my mom and dad have constantly encouraged me ( in a very non-interfering manner) and helped me in any and every way possible. Any number of thank you's would mean nothing in comparison to the support they have given me.

My parents were geographically far from me, but there were so many people near me, most of them sailing in the same boat as me. I can't thank Kinshuk enough for his constant motivation and never-swaying trust in me and my capabilities. I must have cried a thousand times about my not-so-good score in the mock tests but still he listened to all of it with immense amount of patience and understanding. My friends Kinshuk, Rajoshi , Hitesh have beared with my mood swings and sacrificed a good number of outings so that I could attend my CAT classes! If it weren't for Komal, I think I wouldn't have survived the long and painful Quant classes and boring Verbal classes. I remember the frequent nervous and self-loathing (for not studying seriously) sessions with Dhanlakshmi. Every once in a while we used to knock at each other's door and discuss about how scared we were and how less time we had before the C-day. Even after the results we used to constantly discuss about how to prepare for GD/PI and update each other on any news about the results. Though Deepak was not on campus, his timely advice, time management strategies and above all, his dedication towards the exam, kept me motivated. All these people and so many more (Devina, Trishla, Prakhar, Ajusal, Rohit, Himanshu, Pankaj, Rashmi, Priyal, Paridhi..) have helped me in more ways than one and made my dream come true. A big thank you to all you guys. Will forever be indebted to you. :')

9 comments:

  1. And I though I wouldn't be getting a mention in your post. So, "Thank You" sis :).
    Sadly though, I won't see you in Kolkata as I'm definitely joining A.
    Wish I could but I haven't been selected for the PGDM program in C, only the PGDCM.
    Signing off, have 2 awesome years of post-grad \m/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wont believe it,but you are in luck.:))) You dont need to be forever indebted to us. Yes! You read it right! Pay off ur debt. Send treat thru DD or money order to B 504 SNS arcade bangalore.We will take care of the rest 0:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Deepak, I think we spoke during the entire time only twice, once when i had called about general tips and second, after you gave your CAT. But, trust me those two times have really helped me.
    so you do deserve a thank you.
    I really wished we were in the same IIM but your decision is right...So all the best to you and keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Heman,what if i come down to Bangalore and treat you? that would be better right? I am planning to come to B'lore ...lets see when :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guess there r treats pending here too :P
    All the best for the future :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats again 4 the awesum achievement, love you babe :*** but more than constant encouragement and everything else it finally boiled down to your tremendous sincerity, effort and intelligence... _/\_ hats off!!!
    and make up for the lost outings by coming to bangalore!!!

    -Your admirer
    Raju

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Raju :) It means a lotttt :)
    Ya, will surely plan a trip to bangalore

    ReplyDelete